Sexual offenses against adults
Kakao does not allow its users to utilize KakaoTalk for exploiting/purchasing other user’s sex or attempting to do any such acts or distributing illegally filmed content/false video, etc.
Based on reports from other users, KakaoTalk determines whether a user is in breach of the terms and conditions and operation policy and takes measures thereby. If you are victimized by a sexual crime or find others exposed to a sexual assault, please report it promptly via the Report function within the service to prevent the spread of damage.
Crimes related to illegally filmed materials and fake videos
Kakao does not allow its users to utilize KakaoTalk in sexual crimes related to illegally filmed content/false videos. Also, the company shall apply the zero-tolerance principle to the relevant crimes.
The “illegally filmed content” refers to shooting a body while using a camera or similar mechanical devices in a manner that causes the sexual desire or humiliation and to distributing any such filmed or copied content against the will of a person who was filmed even though he/she did not raise opposition at the time of the shooting (including a case of filming one’s own body).
“False image” refers to editing, synthesizing, or processing (“Editing”) photos, videos, or speeches (“Videos”) of a person's face, body, or voice into a form of content that may cause sexual desire or humiliation and to distributing any such edited or copied content against the person's will even though he/she did not raise opposition at the time of editing.
Kakao may permanently restrict the reported user from using the entire KakaoTalk service according to the zero-tolerance principle if confirming any of the following acts related to illegally filmed or false content via reports by another user or institution.
- Distribute or provide illegally filmed content or false videos
- Sell, rent, display, or show illegally filmed content or false videos
- Advertise and introduce illegally filmed content and false videos for the purpose of distributing, providing, or selling them
- Advertise or introduce external sites or apps that provide illegally filmed content and false videos, or induce users to any such things
- Purchase illegally filmed content, store and watch any such things despite knowing they are illegal, and actively express intention to use illegally filmed content
- Threaten or lure the photographed person, using illegally filmed content
- Threaten, entice, conspire or encourage people to make illegally filmed content
In addition, if anyone files a complaint on the “illegally filmed materials and fake videos” via Report the Distribution of Illegally Filmed Content in the service areas where any KakaoTalk users can see or join, Kakao may take a series of applicable measures such as restricting search results/impressions to prevent any such content from spreading. However, any information deleted from the server shall not be subject to such restrictions herein.
Conversations for prostitution and sexual exploitation, etc.
Kakao does not allow KakaoTalk to be used in any conversation for prostitution, sexual exploitation, etc.
Kakao may partially restrict the reported user from using the KakaoTalk services if it identifies any of the following acts via the Report function. However, Kakao may permanently restrict those who force or threaten other users to transmit photos of body parts or videos/images that they perform sexual activities or conspire human trafficking and sexual crimes from using the entire KakaoTalk services.
- Arrange, encourage, seduce or force other users to engage in prostitution
- Threaten, force, or recommend the sale of photos of body parts or videos/images showing sexual activities
- Force or threaten other users to send pictures of body parts or videos/images showing sexual activities
- Conspire human trafficking for prostitution
- Threaten, induce, conspire or instigate people to exploit other’s sex, such as plotting other sexual crimes and sharing relevant information
Kakao does not allow sexual harassment utilizing KakaoTalk.
Kakao regards any of the following acts performed via KakaoTalk to arouse or satisfy the sexual desires of a user himself/herself or other users as “sexual harassment.”
- Transmit or post information causing sexual humiliation, discomfort, or disgust to specific users
- Transmit or post a link where anyone can find information causing sexual humiliation, discomfort, or disgust to specific users
- Ask or force specific users to have sexual conversations
Kakao may partially restrict the reported user from using the KakaoTalk services if it identifies any act falling under sexual harassment via the Report function. However, Kakao may permanently restrict those who transmit obscene information from using the entire KakaoTalk services.
Restrict unhealthy conversations in Open Chats
Kakao supports the freedom of expression of its users and hopes that Open Chat will serve as a place where users can freely share and discuss matters of common interest and social issues through flexible and diverse connections between users. However, an open chat room created for sexual meetings and conversations or paid meetings and conversations shall not be allowed since it may expose users to sexual crimes, including sexual abuse or production of sexual exploitation, or encourage illegal acts including prostitution, etc.
If Kakao identifies any of the following examples on open chat rooms or open profiles via the Report function, it may restrict search results on Open Chat Home regarding the relevant open chat rooms or open profiles. If unsound intent is apparent and suspected, Kakao may also restrict its users from accessing or using the relevant open chat room or open profile and prohibit the doubtful user who created the open chat room or open profile from using the Open Chat service.
- An open chat room created for the purpose of arranging sexual relationships or conversations (including voice and image) or suspected of the aforementioned intent (including words implying sexual activity, taste, direct and indirect expressions of sexual orientation, slangs, etc.)
- Open chat rooms created for the purpose of recruiting guests or part-time workers or seeking any such job opportunities to create adult content
- Open chat rooms created for arranging meetings or conversations (including voice and image) to provide or sponsor money or other conveniences
- Open chat rooms created for recruiting and job seeking without clear details of employment information (However, an open chat room that contains clear details of employment information such as business, occupation, brand, region, etc., complies with relevant laws and regulations such as the LABOR STANDARDS Act and has no illegality.
- Other open chat rooms where unhealthy intent is apparent or suspected