Violent or disgusting information
Kakao does not allow its users to distribute any information that is violent or cruel or causes aversion.
If Kakao identifies from Report the distribution of violent, cruel, or aversive information in a service area that any KakaoTalk user can view or engage in, it may take a series of applicable measures, such as limiting search results in Open Chat Home, access to and/or usage of open chat rooms or open profiles, visibility of posts, as well as restricting the relevant user from using part of the KakaoTalk services depending on the level of expressions and content of the information.
Violence and cruelty
Any content realistically and concretely describing physical and mental pain inflicted on people and expressive products (ex. Characters in a cartoon or animation) shall be considered information on violence and cruelty.
- Any content expressing or describing a cruel murder scene or abandonment of a dead body, such as a cut or destruction with blood and bleeding
- Any content expressing or describing torture or violence inflicted to a person in a defenseless state
- Any content expressing or describing suicide, injury, violence, threat, abuse against socially marginalized people such as the disabled, the elderly, the pregnant, and the infirm
- Any content specifically expressing or describing suicide, self-injury, or self-torture
- Any content expressing or describing an excessively damaged body or corpse
- Any content expressing or describing the criminal technique in detail or caricaturing or beautifying violence
- Any content expressing or describing people burnt or caught on fire
- Any content realistically and specifically expressing or describing physical or mental pains so that people may feel the cruelty
Profanity and abusive language
Any excessive expression that may inflict humiliation or displeasure to other users or make them feel verbally abused shall be considered profanity and abusive language.
- A profane or abusive language that explicitly expresses or depicts sexual activity or sexualized areas of a body
- A profane or abusive language that expresses violent destruction of a body
- A profane or abusive language that compares a person to an animal or disparages body damage or taste
- A harsh slang or vulgar language that disparages or insult the other party
- A foul language that uses part of the body, such as a finger that may be insulting to other people
- Any content that induces profanity (ex. curse and damn, curse-free, please curse me, etc. )
- Other profane or abusive languages that may humiliate or insult others
Any content that many users may resist or avoid shall be considered hatred information.
- Any content that expresses or describes vomit, urination(urine), excretion(excrements), etc.
- Any content that expresses or describes female menstruation, vaginal discharge, etc.
- Any content that specifically expresses or describes abortion, incision, amputation, childbirth and surgical scene, etc.
- Any content that specifically expresses or describes illness symptoms of humans and animals
- Any content that expresses or describes artificially and densely tattooed patterns so that others may fear
- Any content expressing or describing ghosts that others may fear
- Any content that may makes others feel insulted
Cruelty to animals
Cruelty to animals refers to the act of inflicting physical mistreatment and stress, unnecessary or avoidable, on animals without any justifiable reason, as well as the act of neglecting hungry or sick animals without taking appropriate measures. Photos or videos shooting or depicting the following actions shall be considered the content of cruelty to animals.
- An act of killing animals by cruel means, such as hanging an animal by the neck
- An act of leading an animal to death in public places such as on the road
- An act of leading an animal to death in front of other animals of the same kind
- An act of leading an animal to death by intentionally giving no feed or water
- An act of causing injury using physical and chemical methods, such as tools and drugs (except for prevention and treatment of disease or animal experiments conducted pursuant to relevant laws and regulations)
- An act of damaging the body of a living animal, collecting body fluids, or installing a device to collect body fluids
- An act of harming animals for gambling, advertisement, entertainment, or amusement
- An act of capturing, selling, or killing animals
- An act of capturing animals to sell or kill them
- An act of arranging sales of or purchasing lost or abandoned pets, or animals whose owner is unidentifiable
- An act of using animals for gambling
- An act of promoting and advertising gambling that uses animals
- An act of providing animals as a prize or giveaway for gambling, contest, lottery, game, entertainment, advertisement, etc.
- An act of renting animals for profit (except for renting helper dogs for the disabled)
- An act of not delivering animals directly to the buyer or through a professional animal courier when selling them
- An act of inflicting physical pain on, injuring, or causing death to animals without any justifiable reason